Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Best Feeling in the World!

I realize you can’t really have more then one “best feeling in the world”. But maybe they all just tie as the best feeling in the world. Here are a few of mine…

1. Skinny dipping: I have been skinny dipping for about 10 years now in everything from pools to lakes to hot tubes to oceans and I will tell anyone who wants to know that this is one of the best feelings in the world. It’s just very…freeing. If you have never experienced it then try it…you’ll never want to swim with a swimsuit on again.

2. Driving through the redwoods with the windows down and the music on: I grew up in Northern California on the coast in the heart of the redwoods. I love that area and I miss the green everywhere and the fog in the sky. Driving down the Avenue of the Giants and feeling the cool wind on your face and smelling the wood and having a great song surround you has got to be the best feeling in the world.

3. Sitting in the Celestial room of the temple: There is no other feeling like being in the temple. The quite, peaceful, warm feeling that is always there and especially in the Celestial room is the best feeling in the world.

4. Being with my family: Sitting in the living room at my parents house as we all tell the same old stories, usually tease my dad in some way, yell because we can’t hear ourselves think, and have tears running down our faces from laughing so hard is the best feeling in the world!

5. Taking a final: I realize that that doesn’t sound right…and I guess I mean more like finishing a final because you know at that point you are DONE with that class. No more homework, tests or classes to go to. And no matter how good or bad you ended up doing in the class…you are done and there is nothing that you can do about it now except rejoice that you are done! Best feeling in the world!

6. Paragliding: This has got to be one of my all time favorite things to do. I went paragliding twice in Switzerland and it is amazing. The feeling of flying peacefully through the air like a bird and not having a care in the world is incredible. I would recommend paragliding over skydiving any day. Both are fun, but paragliding is a lot less scary. Try it…best feeling in the world!

7. Moving to a new place: Though this event has a lot of feelings intertwined with it, it is still the best feeling in the world. Maybe it is the mixture of all those emotions; loneliness, anticipation, excitement, fear, that makes it the best feeling in the world.

I’m going to keep thinking about this and add more as I go along. What are some of your best feelings in the world?!

4 comments:

Myra Bybee said...

I have to agree with you on the skinny dipping! That was A-MAZING!

Julie said...

WD Sister all the way!! I miss you!!! Hey I may be coming to Vegas like on the 24th and 25th - not sure yet - but maybe! Will you be in Vegas then??? I want to see you if I go!! I keep you posted!!! I miss you my Hawaii friend. (and all other type of friend that you are!! ok i don't knpw what i'm writting...) remember when you and jenna found a frog in your hale??? haha.... i just thought about that!!!

Erika said...

There really is nothing better than the post-final feeling. I used to scream at the top of my lungs as soon as I got in my car after finishing a test. Nothing better!

Amberlyn said...

For me, one of the best feelings in the world is...

getting the tingles all over my body after jogging. It makes me feel more alive.