Thursday, June 5, 2008

Obsessed

Alright, I just need to come out with it. There is something that I've become obsessed with since I moved to Las Vegas. I'd heard about it before I moved here and heard that I needed to get into it, but I was busy with school and stuff so I never did. When I finally got here I felt like I had time to invest in this thing and so I did....for about two weeks straight. Since then I have been hooked. The sad thing is is that I'm a little imbarrased by this obsession but I'm just going to share it with all you guys and hopefully you'll still think I'm a good enough person to listen to. The thing is I'm not alone in my obsession...not at all. I know many people who are also obsessed with this but I just need to come out and say openly and proudly that I'm obsessed with the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. There....I did it. I'm not going to be ashamed of it anymore :). I love those books! The thing that is funny is that I don't think Stephenie Meyer is an amazing writer (she has been compared to J.K. Rowling and I personally don't think she is even CLOSE to Rowling) and even one of the main characters, Bella, gets pretty annoying by the third book, but alas I still love the books. The best part of the books is Edward, the gorgous, perfect leading male character. He is what every woman wants in a man but will never find because there is no such man in exsistence. It's fun to dream though! The books are exciting, fun and quick to read and have the right amount of romance without being scandalous.

Here are a few examples of my obsession:
1. I already have the 4th book reserved to pick up at midnight on Aug 2nd when it comes out (57 days 4 hours and 9 minutes).
2. I check the Stephenie Meyer webpage (www.stepheniemeyer.com) pretty much everyday.
3. A special edition of the 3rd book came out last week with the first chapter of the 4th book in it. I went to Barnes and Noble and read the chapter.
4. I frequently watch trailers for the Twilight movie that comes out on Dec. 12, here are a few good ones to check out.
5. I've read the whole series twice and go back and read my favorite parts at random times.

Anyway, I'm not going to be ashamed of my obsession anymore...it may be ridiculous, but I don't care. Read on fellow Twilighters, read on!


6 comments:

Myra Bybee said...

I am glad you have finally just come out and said it. I am proud of you!

inanechatter said...

I'm pretty much obsessed too but also not because I think she's a good author. I just love the plot and I do love Edward, who wouldn't?

chelsea mckell said...

wow... that is intense.
I tend to have an addictive personality... so Im not even going to touch these books.
I fear I would then join you at midnight in line to pick up the 4th...
:)

JarvisFamily said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that finally succumbed to reading the series. I just started last week. I've enjoy it enough to keep reading, which I must say is hard to do. I'm so happy that your family is doing so great. Ataboy Sean.
Laurie

Elisabeth Taylor said...

Ok, can I just say AMEN! Can the girl not figure out how to walk in a straight line without falling over herself? What's her deal, an inner ear imbalance??? I can't figure out why she is supposed to be so special or WHY in the heck Edwards would want her...some kind of manifestation of the author's life I think...regardless Edwards is WORTH reading further on for... Sounds like you're doing well! Go Sean Go! Grandma showed us the pictures of the MTC, he looked scared- we'll keep him in our prayers. Mark's little bro. gets back this week from Mexico, he survived so i'm sure Sean will be fine!

Bekka said...

Also addicted and glad I'm not the only one by far. One trick to dealing with annoying Bella is to cut her completely out of the book and insert myself in her place.