
I love the movie Chocolat and if you haven’t seen it then you really need to but that isn’t the reason for this blog. There is a theme throughout that movie about the cleaver north wind never letting you feel settled. It’s always whispering of new adventures and new things to see. That wind comes and whispers in my ear about every 6 months. I moved to Vegas in January and of course the north wind is blowing. It’s so strange how I know I have been somewhere for 6 months because I feel like it’s time to move on. I don’t understand when people say they don’t like change…I crave it! I love it!! I need a change! I want to go back to Europe and as far fetched as this may be, I want to move to Australia. I have a friend that lives there and I guess something has changed with working laws between the US and Australia so now Americans and work in Australia for a year. Wouldn’t that be SUCH and adventure?! I just feel like life is too short to stay in the same place doing the same thing for too long. There is SO much to see and do and experience in this world and I want to do it all. I know I’ve already done a lot but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to do more. I’m greedy I guess. There is a quote that I found once but I can’t remember who said it. It goes…”Every dreamer knows it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you’ve never been too, even more so then for familiar ground.” I feel that is SO true! There are places I want to go so badly that it makes my heart hurt. Well I know I should be settling down and making a life…I just can’t do it. Especially now when I’m single, I feel like now is the time to do it. I won’t ever have this time again in my life to do whatever I want whenever I want and I feel like I’ll look back and regret not taking advantage of that. The hard part is that I love my family and friends too much to be away from them for too long. Anyway, I think I’m rambling now, but I think this is a huge part of who I am and my personality. I want to see the world and experience things. I won’t ever be settled with an ordinary job in and ordinary place doing ordinary things. This is really corny but the first time I heard the song Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson I felt like it was my theme song. And they apply a lot to this blog I think. So here are the lyrics…
Grew up in a small town
Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray (I would pray)
Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I prayed I could break away
[Chorus:]
I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Wanna feel the warm breeze
Sleep under a palm tree
Feel the rush of the ocean
Get onboard a fast train
Travel on a jet plane, far away (I will)
And breakaway
Buildings with a hundred floors
Swinging around revolving doors
Maybe I don't know where they'll take me but
Gotta keep moving on, moving on
Fly away, breakaway
I'll spread my wings
And I'll learn how to fly
Though it's not easy to tell you goodbye
I gotta take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget the place I come from
I gotta take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
4 comments:
Brooke, that is truly your theme song. There is nothing wrong with change and moving forward. I'm glad you recognize your desire to get up and move and do something out of the ordinary. That's what makes you so much fun.
I think it's harder for us to say bye to you. We get left behind in our hum-drum life while you go off jet setting and sight seeing.
Take every chance you get to go and see the world. You wont ever get another chance like it.
Your own family will come in time. And when they do come, you will have some great stories to share with them!!!
You are an amazing, beautiful, intelligent person. I am so proud of you and your accomplishment. Keep it up girl!!!
This is a great post! I am one who wants to see the world, but for me I like to go visit and then go back to my comfy comfort zone of home.
Brookie - I love you girl! Can I say that enough??!! haha... All I have to say is that we were meant to be friends for a reason!!! You rock and girl live it up! You know I would be right there by your side if circumstances allowed! I love change and I have been in provo for almost 3 years - SICK!! haha...WAY TOO LONG!!! I would totally move to Australia for a year - I say do it - just do it. YAY!! I get so excited for you I think because I can live through you in a way..haha...till the day comes when I can move around again!!!
I read your post just after I was googling future career options. I think I have been feeling that same wind.
Post a Comment