Wednesday, April 18, 2007
major events
I was reading back in my journal the other day and I realized that I never write about the things that are going on in the world, just in my own little world. Well I guess it's obvious that I would write about the Virgina Tech shooting, it's the major thing going on right now. As sad as it is to say, this almost doesn't even phase me anymore. This was the worst shooting in American history but yet it seems like just other one. I feel like the Columbine Shooting was worse but I guess that was just because it was kind of the first big thing to happen with shootings in schools. It REALLY makes me mad though that people told the police about this guy and they couldn't do anything till he made a threat or did something violent. Doesn't that seem stupid to anyone else?? That the police can't do anything till the guy does something but when they usually do finally do something it's big and they usually die anyway. I'm pissed off by that. It's a catch 22. Anyway I also think it's so weird to think about each individual person. It's one thing to see a list of names, or hear the number of people dead, but when they start showing pictures of these people and telling stories about their lives they start becoming real. They were kids just like me, going to school and then all of a such it's all over. It feels like we have our own suicide bombers now. Like they could be anywhere and no one knows when they are going to strike. It's getting scary. Can you believe that one girl at Virgina Tech was also at Columbine when the shootings happened there, how unbelievable is that? She must feel very unlucky. Well I better get back to work...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did you know that all these things happen around my birthday? Oklahoma City, Columbine, VT, Waco, TX. It actually REALLY sucks.
Post a Comment