Thursday, March 8, 2007
The Secret
For the last few days in school during our dinner break we've been watching The Secret DVD. It's the thing that was on Oprah and it's this huge popular thing now. It's really interesting and I agree with a lot of it and I disagree with a lot of it. Basically what it is is the gospel but people don't know that. The secret is the Law of Attraction. Whatever you put out into the universe is going to come back to you. If you are negative or mean then bad things are going to happen to you. Not that that is the gospel but they talk a lot about being grateful and having a good attitude. They talk about how we are divine and we have a spirit that will eventually be a God. It's really interesting. It's kind of cool how they tell you to go through and write down all the things that you want in your life. They say to concentrate on them for a little while everyday and actually imagine yourself having it and then release it into the universe (or to God) and you will get it. I'm going to kind of use that technique. I'm going to write down the things that I want and focus on them and work towards them but I don't expect to get them if I don't work for them, or if by chance Heavenly Father doesn't want me to have them. You know what I mean. Anyway it's always a good idea to have something to work towards and fantasize about so why not. I'll let you know how it goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We talked about this at school also. They called it Positive Affirmation. If you beleive it will happen, it will. If you say it will happen, in a positive way, it will. If you don't, it won't. I have no idea what I think about the whole thing, but it's interesting to think about. I totally believe that what you do will come back to you though. Karma is REAL!
Exactly, like how Rob and Amber got kicked off, totally Karma! I'm not sure how I feel about it either, but if you are being kind and serving others then good things are going to come to you no matter what. So who knows...
But at the same time, good things do happen to crappy people too... Rob and Amber are already millionaires because of Survivor...so...
so I had a discussion with some friends about this whole philosophy and I got really bugged! They were Mormon and yet seemed to be putting a little too much emphasis on this philosophy. I of course believe in being positive and I do believe thought has a lot of Power, but sometimes things happen to us, awful things, that we have no control over. And these awful things aren't because we did something bad or thought something bad you know!
So I do like some of what they say, but some I really don't like!
Post a Comment