
I love my job! I love the fact that while I'm working my bosses don't mind if I have a tv show or a movie going...as long as I get my work done, which I do. So recently I've been really into documentaries online. I love them! I love learning about new things and people and places. I love having my thinking challenged everyday. Sometimes I think I know exactly how I feel about something, but then I watch a documentary on it and it causes me to rethink things. Everything from factory workers in China to the state of the health care in this country to diets to Hiroshima, I watch them all. One of my favorite sites is PBS frontline. They've got some great stuff on there! The website is http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/view/. I don't really expect you to sit down and watch all of these, most people don't have the time. But I love that I have 8 hours a day to just sit and learn while I'm working. Another good site is http://freedocumentaries.net/. Try just turning them on in the back ground while you're cooking or cleaning or something. You won't be disappointed!!
3 comments:
Hi Brooke...good thoughts about documentaries and commentaries. I too have really gotten into documentaries...I like ones on the previous World Wars...times like Great Depression and Dust Bowl years....have a great week...Love Dad
i love you and miss you!!! i am so happy that you sound like you are doing good. love you girl.
ps some crazy guy has your old phone. i thought for three days i was texting you. nope. some creepy guy.
Seriously, that really is the sweetest hookup. I’m so jealous – I would LOVE that. I wonder if you could like get another degree online or something and just listen to all the lectures while you work… ?! I wish I could watch National Georgraphic all day. Their latest series, “in the womb” – showing the development of cat and dog fetuses – sounds fascinating. Sadly, I just don’t have the time to watch everything I want to watch. Nor get PAID for it! Ha1 yeah, you got it made
Post a Comment