
We had an interesting ward conference yesterday. It actually left a lot of us talking about it all day. Of course since we are single it had to be about dating. The stake presidents talk in Sacrament meeting was really good and uplifting I thought but Sunday school bothered me a little. The two counselors spoke to a combined Sunday school class. They spoke mostly about how the guys need to be getting out there and dating more and how they need to quit looking for the ideal girl...which I totally agree with. They were saying how there are a lot of girls that you can be happy with, and a lot of guys that the girls can be happy with, but then one of them went on to tell how he met his wife. It was one of those "I saw her from across the room and knew I had to get to know her and by the end of the night I knew I was going to marry her." I just feel like a lot of the time guys mistake that initial attraction to girls as the Spirit telling them that they need to marry this person...when really all it is is lust. If we can be happy with almost anyone then why would the Spirit be trying to tell you that you need to marry this one person you see across the room? It's just a little contradictory. I realize that he wasn't saying that that is what is going to happen to everyone, but I just hate it when people use their relationships as examples for everyone...because what works with one person is not going to work with the next. Anyway and all they really told the girls is that you need to be living right and be doing what you are supposed to, and whatever will happen will happen. It annoys me so bad that we just have to sit around and wait for a guy to get interested in us. I'm just someone that goes and gets things if I want them, but the fact that I have to wait for something that I want so badly is really a trial of my patience....and I know patience is not one of my strong points.
So in Relief Society the stake RS presidency spoke and it was good, but still a little discouraging. They talked on Motherhood and Family and of course they were all worried about having to teach us about these things since we aren't married and don't have a family. It just bugs me when married members of the church treat us as if we are aliens, like we don't fit in anywhere and they don't know what to do with us. The RS president talked about how all of us want to be mothers and if we don't get the chance in this life we will still always ache and urn for that....which of course made me feel great! ( I hate that you can't hear the sarcasm in my voice). I'm glad to know that I will go through my life always aching and yearning for something and might never be able to fulfill it. What a wonderful thought! The thing is, I know life is hard, I know that it's hard if you're single, and I've been told that it's hard if you're married but I think it might be a little harder when you're single :)
PS...one other thing I was thinking about this morning is how we need to become the person that we would want to marry right?! Well I realize most guys want a girl who is in shape and that they are attracted to. I guess it is one of my "duties" , since I know how much guys think about appearance, to make myself as good looking as I can...that sounds bad, but I hope you know what I mean. One of the things I need to work on along with spirituality and personality is my physical body. Just something I came to realize this morning...
1 comment:
I really just want to kick most guys! HA ha ha!
Post a Comment