Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The date!

Ok so I went on a date last night for the first time in like a year or more. It was with a guy named Chad Beck, I met him through a girl I go to school with (it's her brother). We had met once before and talked and we both we kind of interested in each other so Megan set us up. I skipped school last night so we could go since he's usually gone on the weekends hunting. So we went to dinner at the Pizza Factory and it fun, we had a lot to talk about and he made me laugh a lot so that was good. Then we went and saw The Bourne Ultimatum which was really good. We both had work in the morning so he took me home but he came in and talked with my parents for like 1/2 an hour. It was kind of awkward. My parents didn't say anything weird or embarrass me or anything but just the fact that it was our first date and he was meeting and talking to my parents. Just weird! Isn't that weird? I mean I know my parents wanted to meet him but they would have gotten the chance to talk with him later if we end up going out again and if we don't then there wasn't really a point of getting to know him anyway. Anyway he said it wasn't awkward so whatever. It seems like we have a lot in common and we get along good. There weren't any awkward silences or anything so I think he'll probably ask me out again but I don't know. I'll have to talk to his sister to see if he said anything. He said we'll have to hang out again soon so hopefully he calls. The problem is is that he's a week guy, like he likes to do things during the week because he goes hunting on the weekends, but I can't do anything during the week because of school. And he said he had gone out with girl a couple of weeks ago so it seems like he dating a lot. Anyway, we'll see what happens. I hope we go out again. :)

3 comments:

Myra Bybee said...

Hooray for dates! That is so great that it went well! I can't wait to see what happens next. Hopefully he can sacrifice a few hunting trips to go out with you again.
That is funny about meeting your parents, but that is hard when you live at home.

inanechatter said...

That's pretty sweet. I'm glad you had a hot date! I met Bryant's dad on our first date. That was a bit awkward but it all turned out fine ;)

McLerran Family said...

Hey Brooke! It's Erin from the Willey! I came across your blog and thought I would say hello. It sounds like you're keeping busy with school. That's exciting that you're almost done. Good luck! I have a blog too if you want to check it out sometime. erinjeremyjake.blogspot.com