I had something interesting happen to me on Friday at work. Since I'm hating my boss and Gissella so much and Sara is putting in her 2 weeks notice soon I went in and talked to the VP of sales (who I know really well, and is just a really great guy) about possibly transferring into his dept for the last 4 1/2 months that I'm here before I move to Vegas. He said they were actually considering me for a new job but had found out I was leaving and had backed off. He tried to convince me to stay and take this job because it will be over double what I am making now. While I was talking to him it wasn't even an option that I was going to stay, I've been so excited to move to Vegas in Jan and there was nothing that was going to stop me. I told him I'd think about it, but that was mostly just to get him to stop talking to me about it :) . So after I left his office I got to thinking about it A LOT and realized what a great opportunity it would be for me. I would be making enough money that I could take care of all my debt, finish school and not be crazy stressed, I'd be here for both of my new nephews or neices being born the beginning of the year, I would have the money to go to Ireland for Jill's wedding, I could get my Esthetics license in Utah and Nevada instead of just Nevada, and on and on. So it all sounds great right? Well the thing getting me through this past year of not having a social life was the fact that in Jan I was going to be moving to Vegas and my life would start again, but now it's going to ANOTHER year of working (but I would have more of a social life this time) and not being with the friends that I want to be with the most. I would probably only take the new postition for a year and save money and stuff and then move to Vegas, but it just feels like I'm putting my life on hold again. It's not fair, that is what this past year was. Does that make sense? Anyway, I know I'm blessed to be offered this job, but it just comes at such a crazy time. I have to know by Wed of next week if I'm moving to Vegas or not because they (my future roommates...maybe) are signing the apartment contracts on Wed. So I'm going in on Monday to go talk to Kevin (the VP of sales) about the specifics of the job and if everything sounds good and is what I thought it was going to be then I'm going to go to the temple on Tuesday night and hopefully I'll know what I'm supposed to do. I hate growing up and having to make life decisions (especially in a matter of days). I'm leaning towards staying here for a year. It would just be so much less stressfull, but it makes me want to cry thinking that I won't be living it up in Vegas with my best friends. What do I do???
P.S. I was walking through Walmart tonight with my friend Marisa and we walked past this Asian girl with a shirt on that said " Blondes have more fun" ?????? And it's not like she had high lights or anything, she had completely black hair. Marisa and I looked at each and started laughing...is this funny for anyone else? :)
2 comments:
It will all work out, really it will. It always does.
Maybe that girl just knew that blondes have more fun, but not from personal experience.
Wow! It is funny, I was trying to make a lot of decisions regarding my job and schooling this next year and I was pretty stressed. But some how it just all came together and is going to work out the way it is needs to. We will still live it up and have lots of fun when you come visit us all the time in LV. We will probably have more fun than that black haired girl who believes blondes have more fun!
Post a Comment