I've had a great couple of weeks!! I stuck to my plan of eating more healthy food rather then foods low in points and it paid off. At my weigh-in last Wednesday I was down 4.8 pounds! I also worked out hard last week, I did...
9-13-12 Thurs: Core class and step class
Fri: Zumba
Sat: Hiked for an hour
Sun: Rested
Mon: Lifting class, core class and Body Attack (2 hours total workout)
Tues: Zumba
Wed: Body Attack (sports inspired cardio workout, lots of running, jumping etc)
9-20-12 Thurs: Stationary bike for 30 minutes after going to the temple
Fri: Zumba
Sat: Hiked for an hour
Sun: Rest
Mon: Planning on Pump, CX Works and Attack

So all that combined with my healthy eating has made for a great few weeks. I weigh in Wednesday night and hopefully I've be down a few more pounds. I love this new way of eating! I'm focusing on fruits and veggies a lot. I made dinner almost every night last week as well and I know that helped. I made the choice to make dinner last Friday night before going out with friends because I knew after the baseball game we were going to watch that they would want to go get something to eat. I also knew it would not be healthy, and it turned out to be 5 guys. Case in point! I had a few fries and a diet soda and I was fine. I think there is something in me, maybe it's pride or maybe it's trying to prove to other people that I'm strong, but I get this high off of having willpower. I love when other people are eating something that I know I shouldn't be eating and I say "No". It makes me feel strong! Not that I starve myself or never indulge in anything, but I try to do my best when temptations come. Luckily most of the people in my life are supportive of it but some I can tell get a little annoyed with my new way of eating. Saturday night was a bit of a challenge. My friends all had stake conference except Myra and I (because we are now in a family ward in a different stake) so they all went to that and Myra and I went on a hike. I stayed up really late Friday night which meant I couldn't get my butt out of bed in the morning to go running. I was feeling really guilty all day about not working out so when Myra and I were trying to decide what to do while everyone was busy we decided to do something physical since she hadn't worked out either we thought we'd go on a hike. After the hike we met back up with everyone for a movie at our place but it ended up just bring a big food/talking fest. Everyone wanted ice cream so when we went to the store I found a brand of ice cream called Arctic Zero

that only has 150 calories for the whole pint!!! That's only 4 points! It was kind of expensive, but worth if for me to feel like I was enjoying myself along with everyone else. I got the vanilla kind and put fresh raspberries, blueberries and blackberries on top! It was so good and I felt great that I made a healthy decision when I could have easily chosen something unhealthy. Everyone else that night had ice cream and chips and candy bars but i didn't and I felt perfectly satisfied. I just keep telling myself that this is my life now. This is the way I'm going to be eating from now on. I'm not only doing this till I reach a certain weight or size, I've changed my life and I'm going to be a healthy person. With that mind set I feel good about things. I thought I would feel deprived, but I'm just learning how to eat and stay satisfied in this new life. It's a fun challenge actually.
1 comment:
You are making sustainable changes and that's what matters most. Good for your cat hide. Making healthy choices feels amazing. Keep it up :)
Post a Comment