Thursday, September 13, 2012

Little Set Back


Alright so I know I promised to be completely honest on here so I will tell you I haven't had the best month in regards to weight lose. I weighed in yesterday at 188.2. On the 29th of Aug I was 188.4 so I'm down...if you can even call it that. But definitely not the amount that I want to be down. At my lowest I was 180.4 (which I realized I told you wrong in my other post, 181 was not my lowest, 180.4 was) so that means I've gained 7.8 pounds back since May 16th. I've realized a few bad habits I have that I need to stop and hopefully it will help me get back on track.
1. I HAVE to track what I eat. As I've said before, I'm not good at it. I do good during the week but the weekends are really hard. My goal is to track EVERYTHING this weekend. I sat down and made a menu and a shopping list for this week so hopefully that will help with my goal.
2. I can't act like calories don't count if I don't write them down, or if I eat them Wednesday night after I weigh in. Thursday starts my "new week" with Weight Watchers so I consider Wednesday night my cheat time. Just thinking this way shows that I'm not fully committed to this way of life yet, even though it's been 2 years. I have changed a LOT of things about the way I eat and exercise but I'm still holding on to my favorite things from my unhealthy life (i.e. brownies). Not saying that you can't have this stuff every once in a while, but probably not 2-3 times a week :)
3. Just because I work out a lot doesn't mean I can eat what I want. This past week I did a kickboxing class Thursday, Zumba Friday, ran 6 miles Saturday, lifting class core class and cardio class Monday, Zumba and Elliptical on Tuesday and skipped yesterday. You would think that with all that working out I would have been down more...nope! I'm sure it's because I ate peach cobbler and cookies and m&m's and whatever else I thought I deserved. Besides cancelling out everything I just did in the gym it's also just stuff that should not be in my body. I have a strong healthy body and I need to treat it with respect. Junk food doesn't belong there. It's a temple and I need to treat it as such.
4. I need to stop hiding behind the same foods. Even if they are "healthy". I eat Progresso Light soup pretty much everyday for lunch. It's because I know that with 5 saltine crackers the whole meal is only 6 points (remember I have 29 points for the whole day) and for some reason soup fills me up GOOD, so I stick with that. Everyday. But I can't eat soup for the rest of my life. So with the help of a blog that I'll tell you about in a minute I got some new healthy ideas for lunches and dinners. Time to stop hiding.
I've recently been obsessed with a blog/tumblr called Undressed Skeleton (I have no idea how she came up with that name but despite the name, it's a great blog).
The address to the site is http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/
Her story of getting healthy and staying healthy is really inspiring. Every time I read it it makes me want to be a better person, a more healthy person. She has tons of recipes and workout ideas. I pretty much got all my menu ideas from her for the week. She's young but she knows her crap! :)
Also Pinterest has become my new best friend when it comes to getting healthy and getting inspired. I can find any workout I want from how to lose ankle fat to getting ride of earlobe chub ;) And there are tons of pictures and quotes to keep me motivated. I love it!!
Alright so I have my meals and workouts planned for this week and I'll keep you updated. I'm feeling very motivated today! Though I always seem to be motivated when I'm not hungry it's when my stomach growls that I go into survival mode where I don't care what goes into my mouth as long as I can shove it in in less then 3 seconds :) Wish me luck and please say a little prayer too!

No comments: