Right now I'm co-chair in the Education/Housing/Employment calling at church. Surprisingly this is a stressful calling that I don't have the time for. So I went and talked to the bishop about changing my calling. He said he would try to get me a calling where I could do it on Sundays and it wouldn't interfere with my crazy schedule during the week. I thought, "Great, something small in the Relief Society would be perfect." But for some reason the bishopric in my ward seem to think that I'm this powerhouse person who needs to be utilized in an important calling or something. So last night at ward prayer I was pulled aside and asked if I would take a calling as a...dun dun daaaaaaaa Gospel Doctrine Teacher. Oh crap, what have I done? Why wasn't I just settled with the calling I had? Now I have a much more stressful calling. I actually taught G.D in this ward before I moved to Switzerland, so it's not completely new, but still scary. I just feel like there are other girls in the ward who have been on missions and who know more then me who would be better at this, but I guess I'm supposed to be there. Pray for me everyone :) ! Moral of the story, don't complain, you'll get something worse.
Yesterday was a "talkin-on-the-phone day". Do you ever have those Sunday's where you feel like you're on the phone all day long? I always did in Hawaii and Switzerland, that was when I talked to the whole family. Anyway I called my cousin/best friend in Jr high yesterday and we aren't really that close so we had a lot to talk about. I was on the phone for 4 hours. It was SO good to catch up with her since we were at one time inseparable. It was interesting because she asked me if I could choose one time in my life where my life totally changed and was never going to be the same when would it have been and I said when I moved from California (where we were best friends) to Washington my Sophomore year of high school. She said that was hers also. After I left everything changed for her and everything changed for me. I can't even imagine what my life would be like if we hadn't have moved. I wouldn't have gone to Ricks and met my friends there who convinced me to go to BYU-Hawaii and who also started my love for travel. I'm sure I wouldn't have gone to Switzerland. It's crazy how things affect your life, and you don't even realize it. Anyway, it was good to talk to her. She's in the Navy and ships out to Kuwait this month. Scary.
In other news, my friend from Hawaii, Corey, is in town and called me last night because he wants to get together while he's here. He's so weird. When he's in NY (where he lives) we barely ever talk, if we do it's because I call or email him. But the minute he gets back in Utah he calls me. But anyway, I'm really excited to hang out with him...I'll let you know how it goes.
p.s I've realized that I blog more in a journal style then just about random stuff like most people, so I hope it's not too boring or anything. :) Laters!
3 comments:
I hope Cory doesn't find your blog! :) Good luck teaching, you'll be fine.
Alright now you've got me all scared so I'm going to have to go edit this post.
This is a reminder for me not to complain about my callings now. And I have definately spent all day on some sundays on the phone. And my whole day is gone. I love talking to my family and friends, but I hate having my sunday gone!
Post a Comment