Thursday, August 23, 2012

I'm back!!



So over the last 2 years or so I've lost 50 pounds (well about 45 at the moment...). I've been doing Weight Watchers and I really do love it. It shouldn't take a normal people this long to lose this amount of weight on Weight Watchers, but I am perfectly happy with the amount of time it has taken me. By losing it slow I've made habits that I know will always be a part of my life. I workout at least 4 times a week now and I think about everything that goes into my mouth, whether good or bad (cause let's face it I do NOT always make the right decisions when it comes to food), but at least I am aware of what I should and shouldn't be eating. I remember before I started this whole thing I had no idea the amount of calories I was eating. It shocked me to read labels and to track points and realize how unhealthy I was. I know this just sounds like everyone else's story about weight lose but it's mine too. All the cliques are true, eat less, eat right and exercise...that's all it takes. At least for me. I don't presume to be a weight lose expert but I know I'm doing something right.
       I've been fluctuating around 50 pounds for awhile now and I really need to get my butt in gear. I'm going to be totally honest on this blog in the hopes that it will make me want to do better and be better since I know all of my followers (if there is anyone left at all :) ) are reading this. And don't worry, this is not going to be JUST about weight lose. I have some big decisions coming up in my life and I need a place to "talk it out" :).  Anyway, so as of this morning I weigh 187.6 and I started out at 232 so that means I'm down 44.4 pounds. On May 8th I was at 181.4 which is my lowest so far. I'm obviously going in the wrong direction here so as of today I'm turning that around. My new week with Weight Watchers starts on Thursdays (I weigh in Wed night and so my new points and week starts Thursday morning) and with today being Thursday it's the perfect day to start. My goal weight is 145  which means I need to lose 42.6 more pounds. I would love to do it before my birthday in May next year. If it happens before that then great, but that is my goal right now. 9 months to lose 42.6 pounds...can I do it?? It'll take a lot of discipline especially with the holidays coming up, but I have discipline, no doubt about that. I can do it!
       My first goal is to have a "perfect week" on Weight Watchers this week. That means I track EVERYTHING I eat, I stay in my daily points range (which is 29), I drink at least 6 cups of water a day, I eat at least 5 servings of fruits or veggies, 2 servings of dairy, I have healthy oils in my diet and I take a multi vitamin. They also want you to add whole grains and lean proteins to diet everyday too. Also my goal is to workout 6 days this week. Here is my plan...

Thurs: Run 4 miles
Fri: Lifting (lower half) for 1/2 hour, Zumba 1 hr
Sat: Yoga 1 hr, Run 2 miles, CX Works (core class) 1/2 hr
Sun: Rest
Mon: Body Pump (whole body lifting class) 45 min, CW Works 1/2 hour, Body Attack 45 min
Tues: Run 5 miles, Zumba 1 hr
Wed: CX Works, Body Attack

I was coming home from the gym the other day and realized that if I was married with a family right now there would be no way I could spend 2 hours at the gym. There are perks to being single and I need to remember those :).  I also didn't have to come home and make dinner, I think I ate cereal. Anyway, I'm at a point in my life where I need to do this because I can. I need to run now while my body still can, I need to learn to eat healthy food now so I can teach my children how to do it. Just lots of things to take advantage of while I can. Anyway I'm gonna eat some lunch and I'll try to write more tomorrow.  The pictures at the top are of me and Laura. We've both lost weight over the last few years and I love comparing the first picture taken in 2010 to the other one taken on the 4th of July this year. You really can change your body, it just takes work! I'm ready to work!!

1 comment:

Amberlyn said...

I couldn't be happier for you and your weight loss. I think it's fantastic. Remember, slow and steady wins the race. Although we're not in a race. You know what I mean.
I am excited that you are back. I am even more excited to be a cheer leader for you. You deserve all the success that comes your way.

oh and p.s.
That's a crap load of exercise you do sister!! Holy night nurses!! 4 times a week? That's more like 10 times a week. Be grateful that you do have the time to spare to spend 2 hrs in the gym. You go girl!!